Visa Information

US Visa Information

  • If you wish to study in the USA you must have a valid visa.
  • Visa regulations for studying in the USA are set by the US Department of State
  • To apply for a visa, contact the most convenient US Embassy or Consulate

Australian Visa Information

Applying for a visa

  • To apply for a visa, contact the most convenient Australian Government office in your home country.
  • The Australian Government office in your country may be an Embassy, High Commission, Consulate or Consulate-General.

How your application is assessed

  • All visa applications are assessed by the Australian Government according to:

1. your country assessment level

2. the visa subclass or education subclass that is relevant in your case, and

3. medical, financial and English language requirements.

Country assessment levels

  • Your country assessment level will depend on the passport you hold and the education sector relevant to your application.
  • Visit the Australian Government website to determine your country assessment level


UK Visa Information

Applying for a visa

The UK operates a Points Based System (PBS) for all non-EEA residents wanting to come to the UK for longer than six months.


The student route of the PBS is called Tier 4.


The Tier 4 policy guidance is available for all applicants and should be referred to for up-to-date information on visa applications for the UK (this document is updated regularly so ensure that you are referring to the most current version)

Click here to find out if you need a visa to enter the UK


Information and application forms for applying from outside of the UK can be found here

When applying for a Tier 4 visa you will need to complete the student visitor application form


In addition you will need to complete the relevant self-assessment form depending on whether you are applying for a General Student Visa or a Child Student Visa


Check here to see if you are able to apply for a visa online from your home country


If applying from within the UK download an application form here


How a visa application is assessed

Tier 4 applicants are required to obtain 40 points to obtain a valid visa for study:

  • 30 points: Holding a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a Tier 4 sponsor
  • 10 points: Having enough money to cover course fees and monthly living costs (also known as maintenance or funds)    


What is a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS)?

The Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) is a virtual document similar to a database record – it is not an actual certificate or paper document.


Each CAS has a unique reference number and contains information about the course of study for which it has been issued.


All Tier 4 visa applicants will require a CAS before they can make their visa application.


The UK IAC will provide the applicant with their CAS number and a ‘CAS statement’ which details the information that has been provided to the UKBA via their database.


Our partners


Download Free!

Travel Guides

click here